The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is offering six proposals for public comment beginning on Monday, January 23. Proposals include:
- National liver review board
- Liver review board guidance:
- Adult MELD exception review
- Pediatric exception review
- HCC exception review
- Improving en bloc kidney allocation
- Dual kidney concept paper
- Histocompatibility lab policy and bylaws guidance
- Bylaws rewrite – board of directors structure and recruitment process
Narrated public comment presentations available
PowerPoint presentations with spoken narration are also available to provide additional context to the proposals out for public comment. View the presentations on UNOS Connect >
Join the conversation
We encourage patients, transplant candidates and recipients, living donors, donor families and transplant professionals to learn more about the proposals and provide valuable feedback to help shape U.S. organ transplant policy.
Comments and replies will be published the OPTN website, to promote transparency and trust in the national transplant system. Visitors can also share comments on social media, if they wish.
The deadline for feedback is March 24, 2017. The committees sponsoring the proposals review and consider every comment before developing final proposals for a vote by the OPTN/UNOS Board of Directors.