The Virginia Mason Transplant Center in Seattle is a leader in kidney and pancreas transplant procedures in the Puget Sound region. Virginia Mason is also the first medical center in the Pacific Northwest to earn designation as a Donor Care Network Center of Excellence by the National Kidney Registry. The transplant programs serves a large area, providing transplants for patients in Alaska, Montana and Washington. The transplant program has been designed to serve the special needs of patients, families and referring physicians who live great distances from Seattle.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine. You will also help to further our commitment to continuous improvement through our Virginia Mason Production System, and our philosophy of empowering you to facilitate real change in the delivery of care. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters – your patients.
As a RN Pre-Transplant Coordinator you will perform the following:
- Provide extensive pre-transplant teaching for the patient and family members.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team for care-planning and transplant preparation.
- Consult with patients during pre-transplant period
- Prepare living donor recipients for their living donor transplant
- Act as a liaison between patients, referring providers, dialysis team and the transplant program.
- Triage questions from pre-transplant patients
- Review outside records to coordinate and ensure all health maintenance completed before transplant.
- Provide cross-coverage for other transplant RN coordinators (living donor or post-transplant roles)
- Active Washington State Registered Nursing License.
- Understanding of the complexity of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and risk factors involved and the diagnostic and treatment options available.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Computer skills
- Current or recent inpatient or ambulatory transplant experience
Work with the best: With numerous awards and distinctions, including our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason has transformed health care through our innovations in patient safety and our ability to provide patients in our community with easier access to our high-quality care. Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
For more information or to apply online visit our website at http://jobs.VirginiaMason.org. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.virginiamason.org.