With numerous awards and distinctions, including our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason has transformed health care through our innovations in patient safety and our ability to provide patients in our community with easier access to our high-quality care. Consisting of a 336-bed hospital in Seattle, WA, and an extensive network of primary and specialty care clinics throughout the Puget Sound region, joining Virginia Mason is an exceptional opportunity to partner with nationally recognized physicians and peers, and an organization recognized as the benchmark for health care.
This position coordinates all aspects of renal and pancreas transplants, as well as provides support to the department in the day to day functioning of the transplant section. The coordinator functions as a case manager, incorporating all elements of Virginia Mason’s Nursing Professional Practice Model into caring for patients from initial referral, through the transplant evaluation process, during the inpatient hospital stay post-transplant and during the transition back to the referring physician.
- A Washington State Registered Nursing License is required for this position.
- This position also requires an understanding of the complexity of the illnesses manifested by patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) along with the risk factors involved and the diagnostic and treatment options available.
- Thorough understanding of the nationwide system of organ procurement and distribution is necessary.
- Knowledge of how to activate patients in the national registry and the procedure for acceptance of organs is recommended.
- Understanding of the intricacies of organ allocation both from a practical standpoint as well as having the ability to explain this to patients is another vital component of this position.
- This position also requires excellent communication and organization skills and proficient computer ability.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
For more information or to apply online visit our website at http://jobs.VirginiaMason.org. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.virginiamason.org.