Website UW Health
Join one of the world’s foremost organ transplant programs! We are seeking a Director, Organ Donation and Transplant to:
- Provide leadership and responsibility for strategic planning and implementation for Transplant Services, including the Organ Procurement Organization (OPO), the organ-specific transplant programs, and the HLA Laboratory.
- Remain current of new trends and best practices and incorporates into Organ Donation and Transplant Service Line practices and programs.
- Ensures development of Organ Donation and Transplant Service Line initiatives to improve patient satisfaction and family centered care.
Minimum – Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Preferred – Master’s degree in a relevant subject area such as Healthcare Administration or related field.
Minimum – Five (5) years relevant experience in the management of clinical services and/or complex programs.
Preferred – Has held administrative position in a large academic or complex health program that includes Transplant and/or Organ Procurement specific services. Prior experience in Transplant or Organ Procurement Services.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred – Registered Nurse in the State of WI.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively across UW Health entities and disciplines. Demonstrated commitment to patient- and family centered care.
- Broad knowledge of modern health care administration practices and principles within a managed care environment and/or an academic medical center.
- Demonstrated effective managerial and administrative leadership of clinical operations.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in negotiation as applied to service contracts and equipment purchasing.
- Effective organizational, planning and project management abilities.
- Experience in financial and programmatic presentations.
This full-time, 40 hours per week position will work the following schedule: Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm. Other hours may be required to meet operational needs.
To apply for this job please visit careers.uwhealth.org.