Website University of Virginia Medical Center
Nurse Manager – Adult Abdominal Transplant Program
UVA Health performs over 350 Transplants a year and is the only Comprehensive Transplant Center in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We are dedicated to excellence in transplantation through the application of multi-specialty clinical expertise individually tailored to the unique needs of each and every patient. Our mission is to embrace patients and families in a collaborative partnership to deliver compassionate care, which inspires hope and enhances quality of life. As a member of our team, you will become part of a rich history of leaders in transplantation, promoting access to care and encouraging resiliency in those we serve.
This programmatic management position will support the Adult Abdominal Transplant Program and build relationships with supporting departments and patients. The Abdominal Transplant Manager will supervise teams of clinicians and oversee the day-to-day operations of the adult Kidney, Pancreas, Liver and Living Donor Transplant programs. The manager will partner with the Abdominal program’s medical and surgical directors to collaboratively meet all patient care needs and regulatory requirements. This individual will function as a leader and an expert professional practitioner who will be responsible for fostering the delivery of exceptional patient care.
We are looking for a leader with emotional intelligence and the ability to form strong relationships to continue to grow this motivated and autonomous team. A leader who can build bridges across the institution and continue to grow and support the Abdominal Transplant program.
We are seeking a professional, skilled, and compassionate Abdominal Program Manager to join our state-of-the-art Comprehensive Transplant Center. You can look forward to a supportive working environment with colleagues who are dedicated to excellence in Transplant and innovative scientific discovery.
- Manages the operations of a patient care area(s) in the provision of nursing care to patients and their families. A transformation leader that directs the activities of patient care and support staff.
- Manages and supports the day to day operations of assigned patient care area(s).
- Supervises all nurses and support staff including but not limited to Registered Nurses Patient Care Assistants and Technicians Health Unit Coordinators and related clerical staff.
- Oversees the preparation of schedules utilizing wage and flex staff as appropriate. Adjusts according to patient flow.
- Accurately forecasts and manages budget for the unit and ensures that any expenditures are within the budget. Knowledge of related benchmarks such as Paid hour per patient day and Worked hour per patient day.
- Develops programs which address continuous quality improvement system enhancement streamlined processes patience experience and overall nurse performance.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements specific to the unit supervised.
- Ensures that the highest quality nursing care is provided to patients and their families.
- Develops and manages partnerships with clinicians, physicians, and administrative counterparts to achieve common goals.
- Promotes integration of multidisciplinary work groups. Manages recruitment performance team member engagement and retention activities of assigned staff.
- Implement the UVA shared governance nursing model at the unit level ensuring shared decision making that affects nursing practice quality improvement professional development and research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $81,078.40 – $129,729.60 Annually
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program, Master’s degree in related field within 5 years of hire.
- Experience: At least 3 years of progressively more responsible experience as a registered nurse in a patient care environment required.
- Licensure: License to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required. Valid Virginia Driver’s license required for managers with responsibility operations in multiple locations. Must have applicable specialty certification at hire or within 3 years.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.