The Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/Transplant Coordinator provides vital support to a world-class Heart Transplant program. Serve a critical role in delivering life-saving patient care. Experience unmatched professional challenge and growth. At UCLA Health, you can do all this and more.
Primary responsibility is for the clinical case management of the transplant recipient involving all phases of the transplant process, from initial referral throughout patient follow-up. This position requires an advanced level of expertise and overall understanding of organ transplantation for the organ type specified functions in an interdependent role by implementing the appropriate “standardized procedures” (SP). By using the SPs the NP is able to change treatment regimen after observing signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to treatment, general behavior and physical condition, and determines if they are abnormal findings. Provide and coordinate the care of the transplant and/or organ failure patients.
- California RN and NP License – Required
- MSN/DNP with specialty in Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Required
- NP National Certification – Required
- Minimum of 1 year experience working as an NP – Required
- 5 years or greater of RN and/or NP experience with Solid Organ Transplant Patients – required
- BLS, PALS and ACLS – Required
- 5 years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner – preferred
- Transplant Coordinator experience – preferred
- Ability to apply a broad understanding and knowledge of organ transplantation, including immunology, immunosuppression, rejection and other complications of transplantation, drug toxicity and graft failure
- Excellent organizational skills, proficiency in meeting deadlines, ability to work independently and prioritize workload.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and assess patient care and act as a liaison with nursing staff, outside agencies, team physicians, referring physicians, patients and families-Required
- Ability to teach about transplantation and medical management issues- Required
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit ucla.contacthr.com.