Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Clinic Transplant Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days) to work in Post Transplant Liver and Kidney at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance available!
The Clinic Transplant Coordinator is responsible for coordinating clinical aspects of organ transplantation as applied to the transplant recipient. These activities will include those involved in the evaluation, work-up and pre-transplant and/or post-transplant medical and surgical care of potential recipients.
The Organ Transplant Center at Swedish is at the forefront of new advances in transplantation surgery, including pancreas transplants and transplants between unrelated living organ donors and recipients. In the past 20 years, our surgeons have performed more than 2,000 kidney transplants in our state-of-the-art surgical facilities.
In this position you will:
• Be actively involved in the development of the program
• Act as a liaison to referring physicians and dialysis center
• Coordinate all patient care needs before, during and after transplantation
• Coordinate admission and operative planning for transplant candidates
• Organize weekly patient review conferences
• Participate in and/or conducts public education and public relations to organ transplant
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Nursing Baccalaureate degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing, or must attain a BSN within 5 years of hire (Completion of Physician Assistant Training will be accepted in lieu of the nursing degree)
• Registered Nurse License for the State of Washington OR Washington State Physician Assistant licensure
• Experience in the field of organ transplantation
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Master’s Degree in Nursing
• Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator preferred, without certification must actively pursue and attain certification within two years of hire.
• Experience with the use of the transplant database
About the First Hill Campus.
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
When applying online, please reference job number 227841.
Swedish is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit 126.96.36.199.