Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges – one patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
The Acute Care Supervisor for a large, high quality solid organ transplant program. Position supervises the practice and performance of APPs functioning in Transplant Surgery, Transplant Nephrology, Transplant Hepatology, and Transplant Cardiology. Role is approximately 25% administrative and 75% clinical, functioning in the inpatient and outpatient settings. The APP Supervisor functions as an expert in formulating medical diagnosis, plan of care, developing Standardized Procedures, Protocols and other related patient care issues. This position directs the daily operation of care services provided by APPs with the focus on the provision of effective delivery of care. Administrative responsibilities include recruitment & onboarding, education, promotion and evaluation of APPs.
The Supervisor oversees the day-to-day clinical operations of the designated unit(s), providing guidance and support to the allied health clinical staff (and associated practice support staff, if relevant) to ensure that a high level of patient-focused care and quality service is delivered.
The Supervisor has advanced health assessment and decision-making skills, prepared through a formal educational program that meets criteria established by the profession. APPs are certified by examination of an approved certifying body. This individual works in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals to provide health care across the continuum of care for assigned patients. Provides primary health care to individuals and families. The provision of care includes, but is not limited to: obtaining patient history, comprehensive assessment, ordering, conducting, and interpreting diagnostic tests, and prescribing pharmacological agents and treatments and non-pharmacological therapies. Monitors the effectiveness of the therapeutic interventions. Makes appropriate referrals. Performs minor procedures as approved by the AZ Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants.
This individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span. The ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient’s age-specific needs is required. The Supervisor demonstrates leadership through involvement on committees and/or team projects, education and research and actively seeks to improve the practice through performance improvement initiatives. Active in professional organizations and participates in community activities.
Level III Requirements:
In addition to meeting the above requirements, must meet five to six of the following:
* Spends at least 50% of days based at the hospital (rounds, service, or shift work)
* Performs specialized procedure(s)
* Provides evals and consults with indirect supervision at least 50% of days worked
* Spends at least 10% of days as First Assist in surgery
* Takes call assignments (Primary and/or ED)
* Provides Weekend/Holiday Service
* Two to five years of clinical experience and two to three years of supervisory experience preferred.
* New Grads will not be considered.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner:
* Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
* Master of Science in Nursing required.
* Must be licensed or eligible to practice as an CNP in the State of Arizona. Must have national certification.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
* NCCPA certification required.
* Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the State of Arizona.
* Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated leadership ability.
* Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs.
* Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
* Must be certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
* Must have Arizona licensure as a Physician Assistant under the supervision of a Mayo Clinic physician upon hire.
* Maintains prescribing and dispensing privileges in Arizona.
* Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
* Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency.
* Maintains ACLS and PALS certification as required by specific department or division.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic’s campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny “desert metropolis” offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city’s more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region’s desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
To apply for this job please visit ars2.equest.com.