Carolina Donor Services
Do you want to lead a dynamic and diverse team invested in making a difference in an organization via technology, applications, data and information systems?
Do you have experience in finding out the TRUE needs of your colleagues and then partnering with them to make it happen?
Have you done this work before and want to do it again – this time the right way, with great coworkers?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, then keep reading…we may be a good fit!
Job Summary: The Director of Information Systems plans and directs the design, modification, implementation, and evaluation of organizational Information Technology Systems to improve service, quality, and organizational efficiency throughout CDS. Delivers excellent customer service to the workforce, customers, stakeholders, and partners, to include enhancing technological capability and assuring effective IS support for the organization.
Recommends and deploys budget and resources to maximize IS value and impact, with attention to security, streamlining and standardizing business processes, addressing organizational needs, supporting strategic plans and enabling efficient data-gathering and reporting for business operations, management, planning, and decision-making.
1. Manage all telecommunications and data networks.
2. Develop and manage annual technology budget including hardware, software, internal IS staff and contractors with a focus on selecting ‘best value’ technology to meet the business objectives.
3. Monitor success of technology solutions and adjust technology plans and projects as needed. Actively manage IS projects with supporting documentation.
4. Maintain, audit and continuously improve security management for the organization’s computer systems and networks, including hardware and software.
5. Enable strategic use of enterprise-wide information for cross-functional organizations and teams.
6. Foster a customer support culture for all IS resources including implementing best practices.
7. Create and maintain appropriate vendor/consultant relationships. Negotiate and engage with vendors and leverage Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to improve quality and cost effectiveness of vendor services, while monitoring vendor performance and metrics.
8. Maintain excellent partnerships and communication with business partners, within IS, across the organization, and outside the business to ensure synergy among all projects undertaken. Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
9. Monitor and participate in the compilation of OPO quality measures in conjunction with Chief Quality and Information Officer.
10. Develop, maintain, and report IS metrics that measure key performance indicators.
11. Serve as OPTN administrator.
12. Develop and maintain an inventory tracking system for all IS-related company assets.
13. Ensure company equipment, systems and services are compliant with business continuity plans and procedures. This includes designing and implementing disaster recovery processes and business continuity procedures for re-establishing servers, databases, and operating systems in the event of disruptions, both minor and catastrophic.
14. Responsible for the integrity and quality of data within the Information Systems (IS) infrastructure to support operations, decision making, and company goals. Actively participate in cross departmental initiatives ensuring data is efficiently organized, managed and distributed.
15. Collaborate with the Chief Quality and Information Officer to establish and maintain an IS Strategic Plan and monitor progress and completion of its goals.
- Supports the company’s strategic plan and goal
- Incorporates underlying and obvious technology needs.
16. Develop, maintain, support and optimize key functional areas such as network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the IS infrastructure by ensuring systems availability, training, documentation, upgrades/enhancements, backups, security, and protection of all assets.
17. Safeguard the organization through managing the security of the organization’s systems including, but not exclusive of management of firewalls, virus software, system patches, password maintenance and documentation, and security audits. Participate in the organization’s strategic planning process and assists in defining goals and objectives to measure CDS’s activities, qualities, trends, and improvements.
18. Keep familiar with current industry and technology trends. Review corporate needs and makes recommendations to the Chief Quality and Information Officer.
19. Monitor the performance of IS and Data staff and conducts quarterly Performance Check-Ins.
20. Provide the first level of management for any personnel issues, consulting with the Chief Quality and Information Officer as needed. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and disciplinary actions.
21. Support IS staff through educational opportunities and other avenues of staff development.
22. Participate on CDS Executive Team.
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, occasional lifting up to thirty pounds, finger dexterity, hand-eye coordination and visual acuity.
Work Environment: Normal office environment. Travel by personal auto is required. Must have a reliable private automobile for which business mileage is reimbursed according to IRS guidelines. Valid NC driver’s license required. Periodic travel to regional/national meetings required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is required. Experience in IT in a healthcare/regulatory environment desirable. Minimum 5 years of management experience is required. Minimum 3 years of direct or supervisory experience with infrastructure support including virtualization, networks, servers, desktops/laptops/tablets, printers and helpdesk is required.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: Not applicable
Skills and Qualifications: Demonstrates understanding of all areas of information systems, including client/server, PC integration, inter/intra networking, database management, telephone integration and security. Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities. Excellent written and verbal presentation skills. Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively with upper management, peers, and staff. Highly motivated with the ability to drive results. Knowledge of cloud-based computing, Windows servers, VMware, Active Directory, SQL, and Citrix.
To apply for this job please visit www.carolinadonorservices.org.