We Are Hiring
Transplant Administrator – Organ Transplant – Full-Time, Day – Dell Seton Medical Center – Austin, TX
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in Business, Nursing or related healthcare field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a transplant center management position
- Strong transplant financial, strategic/business planning and operational experience
- Demonstrated record of success growing a start-up program
Not only is Ascension focused on transforming healthcare in the US, we are also committed to the health and wellbeing of people in developing countries. By joining our team – you are joining a global movement to care for those in need.
Competitive Compensation & Excellent Benefits
Why Join Ascension?
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas is in search of a Transplant Administrator to plan, develop, implement, and manage the hospital-based Transplant Center. The Transplant Administrator will collaborate with hospital and clinical leadership to oversee the implementation of the kidney and pancreas transplant programs as well as future development of multi-organ transplant programs. The work will focus on the establishment of quality assurance and performance improvement (QAPI) programs, development of outcome measures, negotiation of managed care agreements, establishment of a referral network, communication and data systems development for patients eligible for and receiving transplants, and overall planning for transplant services.
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Dell Seton Medical Center, hospital-based Transplant Center you will have the opportunity to:
Directs assigned program(s) to meet business objectives.
- Directs program team to achieve goals.
- Defines program goals and infrastructure to align with business development strategies and partnerships.
- Directs program through creating program plans, management tools and reporting capabilities.
- Develops program budget and monitors and adjusts plan as resource requirements change.
- Communicates and documents program quality outcomes and progress metrics.
- Serves as liaison between programs, other internal departments and external partners.
- Provides orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff.
- Completes performance evaluations and handles disciplinary actions.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ascension.org.