Ascension Seton, in partnership with Dell Medical School at the University of Texas, is seeking a Transplant Administrator for its new adult kidney and pancreas transplant program. This represents a unique opportunity in a rapidly growing market for which the partnership has committed resources to build a regionally recognized transplant center. The partnership has started implementation of an adult kidney and pancreas program with plans for an adult liver transplant program over the next few years.
The Transplant Administrator will be responsible for the oversight, coordination, operational management, and budgetary and financial viability of the Transplant Center. This position reports directly to the COO of the hospital and works in partnership with the transplant center director and each transplant program director.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Nursing or related healthcare field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a transplant center management position
- Strong transplant financial, strategic/business planning, regulatory and operational experience
- Experience with transplant program growth and development preferred
Health System and Partnerships
Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system. In Texas, Ascension operates Ascension Providence in Waco and Ascension Seton in Austin. With 11 hospitals, including the region’s only Level I adult trauma center and the region’s only comprehensive pediatric hospital and pediatric Level I trauma center, a mental health hospital, specialty and primary care clinics, Ascension Seton serves an 11-county population of more than 2 million people each year. Ascension Seton partners with Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin and shares a common vision of transforming healthcare through a focus on quality and value. As part of this innovative partnership connecting healthcare and education, doctors train other doctors, conduct groundbreaking research and implement new treatments. In 2017, Ascension Seton opened Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas at Austin, a 226-bed teaching hospital located on the newly designated campus for the Dell Medical School.
- Named #1 Best Place to Live among 125 most populous metro areas in the U.S. for 2017, 2018 and 2019 by U.S. News & World Report
- Texas features no personal or corporate income tax
- Great climate for year-round enjoyment of outdoor activities and recreation with an average of 300 days of sunshine each year
- A lush environment highlighted by parks, lakes and trails
- Affordable and diverse neighborhoods, from urban lofts to hill country estates
- Highly rated and diverse options in education, including 29 public school districts, 27 charter school districts, 120 private schools and The University of Texas and 26 other public and private universities and colleges
- Professional and amateur sports venues and events
- More fine restaurants and clubs per capita than any other U.S. city
- Named the “Live Music Capital of the World” with a vibrant and creative culture that supports the arts, music and the theater
Senior Consultant & Executive Recruiter
Transplant Management Group
Ascension Seton is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of Ascension Seton to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com